Student Scientists on our Sanctuary Shores
Rocky Intertidal Monitoring: Pilot Curriculum Guide 2011
- Unit 1—Getting Started (pdf 9.9 MB):
- Required reading for teachers and group leaders. Unit includes program overview, FAQs, background information and resources.
- Unit 2—Engage and Prepare: In-class Activities for Rocky Intertidal Monitoring (pdf 7.1 MB):
- Unit includes the essentials for LiMPETS in-class preparation plus games, fact sheets, and more.
- Unit 3—Investigate and Archive: LiMPETS Rocky Intertidal Monitoring and Data Entry (pdf 3.6 MB):
- Unit includes monitoring protocols and data entry instructions.
- Unit 4—Analyze and Interpret: Data Analysis Activities for the Classroom (pdf 6.1 MB):
- Unit includes activities to help students manipulate data, create and interpret graphs, and realize the broader meaning of their monitoring efforts.
- Unit 5—Communicate: Effectively Communicating Science and Taking Action in Your Community (pdf 4.3 MB):
- Students should complete their LiMPETS scientific investigations by reflecting on their experience and, if possible, communicating their observations to an audience. Unit includes options for poster and oral presentations, student reflections, and more.
- Copyright © 2007–2013 LiMPETS