Teacher Workshops and Events
- To register: CLICK HERE to register for LiMPETS 2.0: Summer Enrichment
- Cost: FREE. $100 stipend for all participants. $35 deposit required to hold reservation.
- Credit: Continuing Education Units available. Contact us for more information.
- LiMPETS 2.0: Summer Enrichment for LiMPETS Teachers
- Tuesday, June 25th - Thursday, June 27th at Cypress Meadows, Moss Beach, CA
Prerequisite: Must have conducted the LiMPETS program(s) with students at least once in the past few years.
Description: LiMPETS teachers, did you know that the LiMPETS programs have gone through many changes in the past few years? We have developed new interactive web tools, resources and more. In addition, ALL of the data you have collected with your students has been used to inform the state about the status of our coastal resources. Come learn about the trends that your data have helped to reveal, enhance your knowledge, practice in-class activities and data analysis, ask your burning questions about the data or the monitoring process. The workshop will combine hands-on activities, lectures, field excursions and a lab, led by Dr. John Pearse and Dr. Kathy Ann Miller. Thursday we are planning an exciting field excursion to get out and see the Sanctuary firsthand. Join us – let's celebrate your efforts and bring you up to date on everything that LiMPETS has to offer.
- LiMPETS Introduction to Sandy Beach Monitoring
- Monterey Bay Area: Next workshop date and location TBD
San Francisco Bay Area: Next workshop date and location TBD
Description: Get involved in this exciting science education program for students. Participants receive our 5-unit curriculum are trained to survey the distribution and abundance of the Pacific mole crab at one of many monitoring sites along the coast.